Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-bw00x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently moved to 5g wireless home broadband.  On the same network I have my mobile phone (when home) and another laptop.  They both achieve a download speed of around 250Mbps and an upload of around 45Mbps.  This computer however achieves only around 50Mbps download and 45Mbps upload.  I have the latest drivers, and a check shows that the wireless signal is at 99%.  I have seen speeds in excess of 100Mbps when I was using a 4G connection.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model or product number

Model number

I see in that series there were a variety of WLAN modules the PC could have come with

wlan 14bw000.JPG

Is it possible that the notebook is connecting to the 2.4 GHz channel?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

The adaptor fitted is the Intel Dual band wireless AC 3168.  How do I see whether it is using 2.4GHz band?

And thanks for the prompt response.

David

HP Recommended

And further, I have checked and it is definitely connected to 5GHz.

SSID: NOKIA-40234398ABF7
Protocol: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 112
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 433/433 (Mbps)
Link-local IPv6 address: fe80::dd1c:79e7:79af:9e51%15
IPv4 address: 192.168.1.109
IPv4 DNS servers: 192.168.1.254
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
Driver version: 19.51.31.1
Physical address (MAC): 0C-54-15-C9-49-42

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.