07-21-2016 07:07 AM
My Wireless just quit working. The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on).
It's as if the wireless adapter just quit. I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops.
That issue made reference to BIOS. Mine is:
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009
Any other things I can test/check?
07-21-2016 12:01 PM
System Driver Support Page:
The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place.
From the How-to Section:
You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver:
Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system.
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7)
- Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power
When you see a Post that helps you,
Inspires you, provides fresh insight,
Or teaches you something new,
Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.
Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)