cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jinu_12
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Laptop with windows 10 doesnt support external 802.11ac Wifi adapter TP-Link AC600

HP Recommended
HP 14q-cy0006
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP laptop 14q-cy0006 doesnt support 5 Ghz as it isnt a dual radio and support only 2.4 Ghz. I bought a USB TP-link AC600 that supports both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. But the speed of 5 Ghz is still around 30 Mbps while the same Wifi adapter used on another laptop was able to get me over 100Mbps speed. I found that the protocol used in 5 Ghz in the first laptop was 802.11a whereas in the second laptop by default it was using 802.11ac. Please bear in mind that the second laptop had dual Wifi radio but I used it to test the TP-link Wifi adapter. Can anyone let me know how can I set the protocol to 802.11ac. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation