Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 15-cr0051cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed Windows 10 version 1903.  Bluetooth broke.  It would disconnect after a few seconds.  I uninstalled this version.  Later it seemed Windows forced the install on me.  I tried it again and Bluetooth worked for a while but had increased disconnect problems.  Then it quit altogether. It would say it was connected but there was no sound at all.  The bluetooth speaker used was a Sony SRS-x7.

I replaced it with a Marshall Kilburn speaker.  The connections seem to be working well but now the volume control slider only functions as an on/off switch.  I get one volume level no mater where the slider is positioned.  The drivers are up to date according to HP Support Assistant and Windows update and are "best available" per a Windows driver update check.

I can control the volume via the speaker volume knob but it is inconvenient to say the least.  Is there any fix for this? 

UPDATE:

This morning the connection to my second speaker stopped playing music after approx 15 minutes.  Then it kept disconnecting in less than a minute each time I manually reconnected.  Shutdown/restart of speaker and bluetooth connection gets things going again but not for long.  I believe this is a MIcrosoft Win 10 version 1903/driver issue.  At the moment I have $350 worth of speakers that don't work properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Boingster, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You may have to reinstall the Operating System on your PC. Follow the steps below-

1. Shutdown the computer. 

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 

5. Click on Troubleshoot. 

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Boingster, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You may have to reinstall the Operating System on your PC. Follow the steps below-

1. Shutdown the computer. 

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 

5. Click on Troubleshoot. 

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the instructions.  The laptop is fairly new so a reinstall shouldn't be too painful.  

HP Recommended

@Boingster

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.