bruce991
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Omen 17t Slow Network

HP Recommended
Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got my Omen in March and it runs great, but I was having issues with network throughput. With a 1Gbps network and connecting to my Router (RAX200) 5g network, I was getting 65ms for ping and 35Mbps download, upload was about the same. After spending several weeks trying to determine what the issue was I decided to see what the OMEN Control Center was doing. I simply went into the task manager and terminated it. Now the ping is 10ms and the dowload/update is anywhere from 135Mbps to 250Mps.

So if there anyone else out there with an OMEN and are seeing slow network speeds. Terminate the OMEN Control Center. I would also go into the task manager startup tab and disable it from running. Run it on demand.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation