dudu_joseph Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Orbit from Galaxy S7 edge says can't connect, could not find any pc in pairing mode

OMEN by HP 15-ce000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not been able to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with My Omen 15-ce000, since the very beginnnig. I have gone through various forums and tried whatever has been said, including uninstalling and reinstalling the Orbit appllication on bot my PC and the phone, but the end result is the same. 

I have done exactly as had been told in the link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Orbit-won-t-pair-with-my-PC/td-p/6... , but even after completely de-activating my firewall and trying, I could not get the Phone to connect with the P.C. Kindly provide assistance as I think, the software could be of immense use to me. 

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15857 1250 2164
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HP Orbit from Galaxy S7 edge says can't connect, could not find any pc in pairing mode

@dudu_joseph

Welcome to the HP Forums :) 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need assistance in connecting HP Orbit with the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you ensured the device came with the HP Orbit?

(Click here to verify the specifications) as it only works if it was shipped along with the HP device.

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Please ensure the latest version of the HP Support Assistant is installed on your device as HP Support Assistant must be installed to use HP Orbit. Download and install HP Support Assistant. The latest version is available at the HP Support Assistant website.

HP Orbit uses the HP Support Assistant to deliver updated versions. Make sure the HP Support Assistant is closed, restart HP Orbit, and click Update Now again.

Ensure Both devices must be on the same wireless network. Make sure that both devices are on the same wireless network. If the problem persists, reboot both devices, Once done, The pairing code appears in a pop-up window on the computer you chose to pair with.

Once pairing is complete, here's what you need to keep in mind before initiating a transfer,

Use the following steps:

1. Check the size of the file you are trying to transfer. There is a 30MB individual size limit for transferring files.

2. Check the available storage on your device to ensure that you have enough free space to receive and save files.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation