Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Product name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC; Product number: E3B55PA#ACJ ; Serial number: [edited] ; OS- Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit ; WiFi Driver Version: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn (Wifi driver Version 5.0.37.0) 

I cannot connect to any WiFi network, be it in my own house, my relatives house, or my university. This issue persists since I bought laptop in 2013. I have re-installed and ran the updated WiFi drivers by going on HP's drivers page for my laptop model, without positive results. Restarting the WiFi routers hasn't helped as well. Please suggest me a solution to this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ankur24 

Your machine is an  HP Pavilion 15-e015tx Notebook PC  and yes it does have Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter part #  690020-001.

Please try to do a CLEAN install (uninstall the old one, reboot) using the following software for Wifi

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65649.exe

and for Bluetooth

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65804.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have installed the softwares for Bluetooth and WLAN as you mentioned. But, I haven't been able to connect to public and home WiFi after it as well. It connects to the wifi hotspot created by my mobile phone, but shows limited connection even though I'm able to browse normally on phone. I suspect there is problem with the WiFi card in my laptop. If that's the case, what are your suggestions?

P.S. I have also gone through the archived HP Community page on troubleshooting WiFi connection issues (resetting TCP/IP, resetting winsock, disabling option that switched off wifi adapter for power-saving purposes, re-installing latest drivers, checking ethernet connections, manually entering laptop's IPv4 and DNS addresses for connection) Despite this, I haven't been able to connect to WiFi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.