Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 p100ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So basically  I want to upgrade my wifi card. But I am not sure which one to get. It would help  me a lot if anyone can tell me that I need a Mini PCIe half height card or what? And now the main issue is that I dont have any manuals so I dont know if my BIOS has a whitelist or not. Does it? And if so which wifi cards does it support?    please help me it would mean a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It doesn't have a whitelist, but just as bad, it may only have one wifi antenna connected to the wifi card in there now.

Below is the link to the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554

If it only has one antenna, you can upgrade to a dual band wifi card, but the bluetooth won't work.

This would be one where the wifi would work with one antenna cable, but the bluetooth won't.

You would connect the antenna cable to the card's main antenna terminal.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter   HP part # 710662-001

If it has two antenna cables, you can upgrade to this card, and the wifi and bluetooth will work.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi:

It doesn't have a whitelist, but just as bad, it may only have one wifi antenna connected to the wifi card in there now.

Below is the link to the service manual.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554

If it only has one antenna, you can upgrade to a dual band wifi card, but the bluetooth won't work.

This would be one where the wifi would work with one antenna cable, but the bluetooth won't.

You would connect the antenna cable to the card's main antenna terminal.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter   HP part # 710662-001

If it has two antenna cables, you can upgrade to this card, and the wifi and bluetooth will work.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. This helped me a lot. Now where I live, I found two cards: Intel ac3160 HMV and intel ac 7260 HMV. and for both in the product description it is written will not work on hp laptops. Why is that? And is this actually true? If it is, which card to get now?

NEW EDIT:

So i opened the laptop and checked it and found that the sole antennae was connected to aux instead of main so i switched it and solved my weak connection problem. So im not buying a new wifi card. But what I need to buy is a ram, I wanna upgrade my ram which is 800mhz (1600mhz), 1.35 voltage, 4gb, DDR3. So I wanted to ask that can I add 8gb ram and make it 12gb total, or just make it a 4+4gb combination making a 8gb ram in total?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-15-p100ne

You can install 2 x 8 GB of memory.

You can do either...install an 8 GB chip with the 4 GB and have 12 GB.  Do this if you plan on maxing out the memory to 16 GB one day.

Otherwise, just add another 4 GB chip to the one in there now, so the memory runs in the better performing dual data rate mode.

Right now the memory is running in the lower performing single data rate mode, and if you add an 8 GB memory chip, it will also run in the single data rate mode.

Memory has to be installed in matched capacities (2 x 4 GB, 2 cx 8 GB)  to run in dual data rate mode.

Watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=E_aPaj5QkmM&feature=emb_logo

You may have heard that games and applications perform better with dual channel memory compared to single channel memory, but why is this the case, and how much of an improvement can you expect? In this comparison I've benchmarked 16 different games in a laptop at all setting levels as well as 9 ...
HP Recommended

Thank you so so much. You helped me so much. So I wanted more than 8gb but now I'll probably get 4+4gb. As I dont really need that much too. Thank you. Now my final question is that my already installed ram is 4gb ddr3 1.35v 1600mhz. So now when i get a new 4gb these things will be kept same right. But does the manufacturing company of both sticks need to be the same too or not?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you get a compatible 4 GB memory chip, it should work alongside the existing one just fine.

It shouldn't matter if it is not from the same manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Thanks again lol. Lastly, does the voltage have to same of both sticks too? And what would happen if I have one stick with 1.5v and the other of 1.35v?

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Both sticks have to be 1.35V.

1.5V will not work.

HP Recommended

Ok Thank you so much. Can't thank you enough mate. I went wild surfing the internet, and thought of trying to ask the community here and you responded immediately. Thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.