cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john2019
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Laptop 15 can only connect to hotspot connection but no wifi networks

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot establish a wireless connection on my laptop unless I use my iphones hotspot. I used to be able to access wireless networks, but now cannot.

When I try to connect to a network it initially says I'm connected, but when I go to the browser I get the following error: " Your connection was interrupted, A network change was detected. " 

I have been on the phone with the HP tech people and they recommended that I use level 2 troubleshooting, which costs like $60.00....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,883 206 529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You need several numbers to get out onto the internet.

So if we just prove the WiFi in installed and active, for WLAN rather than WWAN.

So Make, Model and OS please.

Then try some basic commands like these...

Getmac All.png

getmac

ipconfig -all

You can copy and paste into Notepad to edit, or directly into here.

If in doubt please ask.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation