Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI everyone! So I've had my computer for years and it's working great. However, I have noticed that I am working wireless on 2.4g band and I can't seem to access my 5G band choice in my router. I can see my lower band but not 5G. Is there an upgrade option for me to acquire 5G capabilities? Oh my wife and my mom have the same computer in different colors. It would be awesome to bring the 5G to the family. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NGPavilion 

We need to know what EXACTLY are they, not just simply Pavilion 17 . Depending their ages, you can change internal wifi adapters otherwise you can use USB dongles.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for your reply. I have an HP Pavilion 17-f231nr. Product # K7G70UA#ABA.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for your reply. I have an HP Pavilion 17-f231nr. Product # K7G70UA#ABA.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.