cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NGPavilion
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Pavilion Notebook (Energy Star) 5G wireless network available?

HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI everyone! So I've had my computer for years and it's working great. However, I have noticed that I am working wireless on 2.4g band and I can't seem to access my 5G band choice in my router. I can see my lower band but not 5G. Is there an upgrade option for me to acquire 5G capabilities? Oh my wife and my mom have the same computer in different colors. It would be awesome to bring the 5G to the family. 

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,505 90,382 11,621 24,914
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NGPavilion 

We need to know what EXACTLY are they, not just simply Pavilion 17 . Depending their ages, you can change internal wifi adapters otherwise you can use USB dongles.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
NGPavilion
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for your reply. I have an HP Pavilion 17-f231nr. Product # K7G70UA#ABA.

0 Kudos
NGPavilion
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for your reply. I have an HP Pavilion 17-f231nr. Product # K7G70UA#ABA.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation