Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 12 (190 Views)

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PC Wi-Fi frequently disconnecting

Product Name: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b006ee
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently updated to Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b006ee and I started to experience a very frequent Wi-Fi disconnection. It is happening almost every minute and I have tried many available solutions on the internet like the resetting the IP address, unchecking the power saving option box the network device manager and change the power option of my power plane but none of these solutions worked. Every time I had to run troubleshooting to get the connection back. Can anyone help me, please? 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 12 (157 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PC Wi-Fi frequently disconnecting

Hi! @FadiRJ, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand the wireless keeps disconnecting frequently on your laptop.

Don't worry I'm here to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are the wireless drivers listed in device manager?

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the wireless keeps disconnecting frequently on your laptop.

Manually change network settings

Manually changing the network settings can resolve wireless connection issues. Create a restore point in Windows, and then manually change the network settings.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Create a restore point.
The System Properties window displays.
Click Create.
Type a name for the restore point, and then click Create.
Windows creates the restore point.
Using the search box on the taskbar, search for Command Prompt. In the results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If a User Account Control screen displays asking if you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer, click Yes.

Type the following commands one at a time, pressing Enter after each one.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
To open the TCP Global Settings, type netsh int tcp show global in Command Prompt and then press Enter.
Make sure all settings are disabled except Receive-Side Scaling State.
Close Command Prompt, reboot the system and then try to connect to the Internet.

Also, try uninstalling the wireless drivers from device manager and install the latest drivers using HP recovery manager.

Note: Before uninstalling the wireless drivers make sure you connect the ethernet cable to your PC and then uninstall the drivers.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

If the issue still persists try reseating the wireless card on your PC and check if it helps.

If you have tried all the steps and the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with the wireless card.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! :-)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 3 of 12 (150 Views)

Hi @MrRobot, 

Thanks for replying to my question. The answer to your first question "Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?" is that I only updated from windows 7 to windows 10. My answer to your second question "Are the wireless drivers listed in device manager?" is yes

Regarding your first suggestion, I have tried to run the commands that you gave me they all worked but the last one showed the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int tcp show global

Querying active state...

TCP Global Parameters

----------------------------------------------

Receive-Side Scaling State          : enabled

Chimney Offload State               : disabled

Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level    : disabled

Add-On Congestion Control Provider  : default

ECN Capability                      : disabled

RFC 1323 Timestamps                 : disabled

Initial RTO                         : 3000

Receive Segment Coalescing State    : enabled

Non Sack Rtt Resiliency             : disabled

Max SYN Retransmissions             : 2

Fast Open                           : enabled

Fast Open Fallback                  : enabled

Pacing Profile                      : off

Except for the first one, they are not all disable and I don't know how to disable them. 

Regarding the second solution that you suggested, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the device manager. However,  it didn't work and when I tried to update it, says that it's up to date, which I think is not true because the version date is 18-May-15. 

Regarding the third solution, I don't know how to reseat the wireless card. 

The problem is still present and I have noticed that it occurs when I open the browser and when I open a new tab. 

I really appreciate your support. 

Regards 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 12 (143 Views)

@FadiRJ, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned when you run the command few settings in the global settings are disabled.

The settings you have shared seems to be valid. However, I would suggest you uninstall the wireless driver from device manager and install the latest driver using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists try updating the wireless driver using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! Smiley Happy

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 5 of 12 (135 Views)

Thanks for your reply, 

I tried HP support assistant it didn't suggest any updates and tried the link you gave me and I found that that Windows 10 OS is not available, only 8 and 8.1. I selected Windows 8.1 just to see the network drivers and I found that all of them are dated before my driver current version which is in 18-May-15. 

P.S I'm using the following driver Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Regards 

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 12 (119 Views)

@FadiRJ, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try uninstalling the wireless driver from device manager and install the latest Ralink driver from the link below and check if it works.

Note: Before uninstalling the driver connect your PC with an ethernet connection and then download the driver.

Link to download the wireless driver for your PC.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 7 of 12 (108 Views)

Hi @MrRobot,

I completely uninstalled the wireless driver after downloading the driver you gave me through the link. When I ran the downloaded driver it just shows the extraction to C:\swsetup and an initialization bar then it dissaper after finishing and nothing happens. it seems that the OS is not accepting the driver probably due to an incompatibility issue or something else.

I really appreciate your effort 

Regards  

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 12 (102 Views)

@FadiRJ, thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned the installation does not complete.

First, try to uninstall the driver using Revo uninstaller. You can download this third-party application from Google.

Then try to install the driver from the link suggested from my previous thread.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.Try performing a complete system recovery on your PC.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 9 of 12 (86 Views)

HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 12 (80 Views)

@FadiRJ, Thanks again for your time and response.

As you mentioned when you run the network troubleshooter you get error default gateway not available and it was fixed on your PC.

The default gateway is not available problem is caused by McAfee security program. If you have McAfee security programs installed, you should uninstall them: 

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.

2) Click your McAfee program and click Uninstall. 

3) You might need to restart your computer after the uninstall. 

Change Network adapters driver 

If you haven’t installed the correct driver, you’re likely to have problems with your network connection too. To fix it: 

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Click Device Manager. 

2) Expand Network adapters. Right-click your network adapter and click Update Driver Software

3) Click Browse my computer for driver software. 

4) Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. 

5) Un-tick Show compatible hardware. Click Intel Corporation. Click a network adapter driver different from what you have now.  Click Next. 

If the issue still persists try performing a complete system recovery on your PC as I have suggested in my previous post.

Take Care!

Have a great day ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation