Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillon dv7 serie 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The wireless mini Pci e Broadcom is not working with Windows 10. No new drivers can be found. I would like to buy a new PCI-e device. It seems that in the Bios there is a whitelist  which will not allow the new device to work.

For info my BIOS is Insyde F.29

Can you please let me know which card could be compatible with the Bios and Windows 10 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on that model notebook.

What processor does it have?

If it has an Intel core processor, you can upgrade to this model wifi adapter...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find this model card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

This is important...before installing the Intel wifi card, you must first uninstall the Broadcom wifi and bluetooth adapters in the device manager.

Right click on them, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

If there is any Broadcom Bluetooth software in the Windows control panel>programs, uninstall that too.

Shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03221579

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on that model notebook.

What processor does it have?

If it has an Intel core processor, you can upgrade to this model wifi adapter...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find this model card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

This is important...before installing the Intel wifi card, you must first uninstall the Broadcom wifi and bluetooth adapters in the device manager.

Right click on them, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

If there is any Broadcom Bluetooth software in the Windows control panel>programs, uninstall that too.

Shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03221579

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have replaced the  wifi card as adviced. It works fine, except that I do not have bluetooth at all. I have used the intel driver dated 03.09.18 version : 18.33.14.3. But what to do for the Bluetooth if is not showing up in the list of devices  (even in the hidden ones).

Can you let me know what to do  ?

Ps. I have followed the  instructions provided.

Thanks,

Mia

HP Recommended

Hi, Mia:

I'm surprised the Bluetooth isn't working.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if you can turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

Download Ubuntu from the link below and make a bootable Ubuntu installer.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

Here is a tutorial on how to make a bootable Ubuntu installer.

Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu

Boot from the Ubuntu installer, and select the option to 'Try Ubuntu without installing.'

See if you can turn on the Bluetooth in Ubuntu.

If you can, exit out of the Ubuntu installer, shut down the PC, remove the installer, and when you get back into Windows, the Bluetooth should be working.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Ok, I will try with Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Mia

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If that doesn't work for some reason your notebook doesn't like the Intel Bluetooth, and you can try a different model wifi card...

One of these two...

Dual band N:  Max 300 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

Dual band AC:  Max 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part #  724935-001

You should be able to find the above 2 wifi cards on eBay.   Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Just to let you, perhaps this can help somebody else, I have solved my Bluetooth connection issue for the Intel AC7260. I have put an adhesive paper on PIN #53

Mia

HP Recommended

That is great news, Mia!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.