Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Hijay Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g7 2242-sf unable to receive Wifi signals

HP Pavilion g7 2242-sf
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently downloaded the Windows 10 update, and it installed fine. I then downloaded a driver app which updated most of my drives for me, a few weeks later I encountered WHEA errors whenever I would watch videos

When the errors stopped occuring, I was unable to receive any Wifi Signal (only Ethernet Network was available), the driver for the wireless connection apparently 'dissapeared' and it seems that the computer is not able to detect the Wifi card anymore...

I have tried downloading all the necessary drives for the wifi card, also tried to roll it back from windows 10 to the OS it came with (win8), all to no avail...

Any help?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g7 2242-sf unable to receive Wifi signals

HI @Hijay,

Welcome to the HP Forum! :) I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that after you upgraded to Windows 10. You downloaded, installed and ran a driver update program.  A few weeks later you

started to get WHEA errors whenever you watched videos. The error went away but then you lost your wireless. The wireless card is not longer recognized.  The wired network is still showing. You tried downloading and reinstalling the wireless driver and rolling back to Windows 8 to no avail.  When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook, I noted that Windows 10 is not an option, which means that HP has not tested it on this model.  Is the wireless adapter recognized in Device Manager? If not try scanning for hardware changes. If it is not seen in Device Manager, is it recognized in the BIOS? If not try loading the defaults. Once in the BIOS, you should see that as an option along the bottom.  Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree that may also help. Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.   As you did try to do a rollback, here is a link to HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) should you decide to try that option again. Please let me know the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks!  

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation