04-06-2017 06:16 PM
Going nuts!! All of a sudden my pc wont connect to wifi. Wont recognise any available networks. Have checked that my Bluetooth is up to date and is on.
Really bizarre that my ipad, iphone and husband's laptop all connect no problem. How do I fix this please???
04-08-2017 10:26 AM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you are having connectivity issues on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
When did this problem occur? Was it after an update or upgrade
What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l
When was the last time it worked (date)?
In the meantime, let's try these steps here:
open Device Manager.
- Open the "Network Adapter" list, and find the WiFi adapter.
- Right Click the driver, and select "Disable“ and “Re-Enable”
- Check if Wifi connects. If not, continue with the steps below.
- Open CMD as Admin: Copy the following commands, and press enter after each one.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh int tcp show global (Check if All settings have taken effect)
Restart the PC and check if it works.
* Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link
* Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.
* Now try to connect to the internet wireless.
* For further assistance,
Here's a related HP Forum post that seemed to have helped others: Click here
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee