Debbie_H
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ProBook 640 G5 -- will not connect to a mobile hotspot

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 640 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a completely reimaged Pro Book 640 G5 to Windows 10 Enterprise.  I have updated all of the device drivers and the bios.  This computer will not connect to a mobile hotspot, but connects to other wireless networks successfully. 

The computer see's the mobile hotspot (Verizon Galaxy S7), but will not connect. The error  it continue to receive is "Cannot connect to this network".  I have also tried an Apple iPhone 11 on the same Verizon cell phone network, with no luck.   

On suggestion was to go into the Wi Fi settings and forget the network, but you cannot forget a network that the computer has never connected to.   Yes, the mobile cell phone hotspot has worked on at least 6 other computers in the office. 

Any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation