01-03-2014 08:14 AM
Hi, I am not entirely sure this is the right subforum to post this on, but here it goes.
I have a new Probook 470 G1 with Windows 7 64 bit and I have just installed the wireless driver (after some trouble finding it). Now the wifi works, but the button doesnt (or sometimes it does but does not change color). I noticed there is a driver for that button available for Windows 8, but not for Windows 7. Is there anyway to get a fix for this?
01-03-2014 08:30 AM
Did you install the hotkey support driver?
I don't know if that will take care of the problem but you will need this anyway for the special function keys to work.
01-03-2014 08:59 AM
I did install hotkey support, and the problem seems to persist. It is working more often than not, however, so I guess I will just leave it at that.
Thank you for your help!
01-03-2014 09:07 AM
You're very welcome, Jurij.
I wonder what would happen if you installed the W8 wireless button driver...
I have read about this happening on other models too but no solutions that I am aware of.
06-27-2014 02:02 PM
06-27-2014 02:03 PM
Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.
UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following
- Shut down laptop
- Remove power cable & battery
- Press power switch for 30 sec
- Attach power
- Power up laptop without battery
- Switch on wifi ---it works
- Now switch on the laptop with battery
HP quick launch describes itself as "
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)