Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook

Power button lights up and keyboard flashes on and off every couple seconds. No sounds And do not hear any noises at all.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Timmwill 

Welcome ! 🙂

I am sorry about your issue. 

Please, provide some background information and details. What happened before this issue started ?

• HP has created an official article about such issues you face now. This blinking is like a Morse Code - It is very important to identify exactly how it blinks, identify the pattern.
  • Post back details how exactly and how often it blinks.
Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

OK - I went and switched the positions of the 8gb memory cards and I now get a Morse code signal !!!!!

It's: 3:2

This says reseat the memory. Since I switched the locations does that mean one or both of the memory cards might be bad???

HP Recommended

If you have 2 memories, please, try with only one of the modules.

Try one by one to see if it will make any difference. This will help you distinguish if both are failed or it's one of them...

If it's 3.2 blinking and if reseating the memory does not resolve the problem, you might also consider contacting support for repair due to a possible RAM or system board failure.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.