Andrex88
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Spectre x360 15" 2020 model Wifi adaptor issue

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two days ago my HP Spectre x360 15" 2020 model (eb0001na, Intel i7 10th gen processor) stopped working properly with the internet.

Download speeds were down by about 10%, whilst upload speeds crippled to just 0.01 mbps, rendering it unusable online. I believe the issue may be with the Intel WiFi 6 AX201 adaptor, which previously said it had a version dating from July 2020, whilst I noted that the Intel website listed an updated one from 12/01/2021.

I could not perform an update of the driver via Device Manager, as it just hangs, likely because of the connectivity issue.

Yesterday, I managed to select 'uninstall driver' (but Idon't think I checked to 'delete driver' and I installed the version from the Intel website (22.10.0.7) via a USB stick. I did a speed test and it worked fine yesterday afternoon thereafter.

Having shut down last night, however, this morning on boot the same issue has returned. This time, I cannot uninstall or deactivate the driver, as it just hangs forever in Device Manager. I don't know what to do next - the entire laptop cannot get online and is useless in this pandemic remote-working era. I need a solution ASAP. The issue with connectivity means I can't even get anyone to 'remote in'.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation