Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, does anybody know whether a wifi card on HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX (2017) can be upgraded to tri-band? If so, what kind of tri-band card would you recommended?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @zheka77,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are looking to upgrade your Wireless card on your HP Spectre notebook. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

In the meantime, I would suggest you go through the Maintenance and Service guide for the list of compatible Wireless card listed for your Product. Please find the link here: http://hp.care/2pEeA4U

HP Does not recommend any upgrade or downgrade of any parts, however, you can do it at your discretion. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, Jeet_Singh, I missed your reply. I run the latest Windows 10 64-bit. My product number is Z4Z22UA#ABA.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @zheka77,

As I understand you are looking for a tri-band wireless card for your HP notebook. As mentioned in the previous post that you have dual band cards which are compatible and tested on your PC. However, If you are looking for an upgrade you can try out third party or local Best Buy or Staples location and check if they can help.

Please ensure HP does not recommend any upgrade or downgrade of any parts however, you can try this at your own discretion. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks. My question is whether tri-band wireless card can work with two anthenas on my HP laptop?
HP Recommended

Hi @zheka77,

As mentioned earlier the tri-band wireless card is not compatible and tested on your PC, and there are chances that the antenna might not work as well. 

If you wish, I would personally suggest you contact a local tech so that they can help you figure out what card is compatible on your PC.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot! Please contact a technician about my inquiry of using tri-band m.2 wifi card on my laptop, please. Thanks!
HP Recommended

Hi @zheka77,

Thank you for replying,

I would personally suggest you can contact a local tech who can help you find this information. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us again. I'll  be more than happy to help.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.