Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I getting very annoy by HP technical help team after asking something simple and i certainly like to share and listen to community reply.

I bought this Spectre x360 (late 2019) 5 days ago and was very disappointed by it's battery life when they claim on their Retail Guide as World Longest battery life. I got it as original condition and battery drain 20% in 1 hour which technically can only last 5 hours and might not cross the 6th hour mark.

I call up the help line and they are implying that i need to understand the technology behind the battery to understand how such battery life works. I was really sadden by making this purchase after felt being ask to get a computer science degree before making a purchase to understand what it means to have a world longest battery but can't last 6 hours with just surfing and reading news on web site.

Seriously ! 

If you are reading those website that claims that they can have a battery life that can last more than 7 hours, beware since HP technical team is unable to commit their spectre can last 7 hours. Regret and loss since i actually need a device that can last 8 hours of simple load.

HP is unable to help me and giving me lots of excuses and is there anyone out there about to share me some real experience?

I have uninstall all software that comes along Mcfree/VPn ETC to help reduce load after nothing was advice from HP team. (they only keep pushing away)

Really disappointed ! Any help on how i get out of this really helps since i no longer trust the helpline provided by HP

(really bad experience compare to other brands i called)

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I start getting worry about the support that i'm experiencing and reading up more made me realized i might have got the wrong brand totally! Should have stick with much more reputable brand and now it shows branding is with the support and not advertising. 

HP Recommended

@Jeffongy

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message requesting few details. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Scam alert! Not only helpline makes me feel insecure, community is as insecure with scam ! Smh 🤦‍♂️ 

edited - I like to add if I’m seeing such alert in private message, how do I know if you ain’t scam?

edited - what reason by replying those private question is able to resolve my problem without you showing me some lead how this matter can be resolved? It’s simple and not that complicated. 
copy from message alert !

Beware of fake HP Support
Be alert for scammers who may be posing as HP support representatives, particularly those who claim to be “HP Helpdesk”. Only call numbers from people who have aJeffongy_0-1582701760635.png

on their profile page. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on the blue "Report Inappropriate Content" button above the message in the Private Message portion of the Community. Thank you!
HP Recommended

I can afford the amount and I hope you as a reasonable consumer, help to spread this word of advice to all buyer/user out there so that more people out there understand how buying a HP computer means and what kind Of leadings review which can’t be trusted at all is confusing the consumer! I just read another reputable website saying it can gives 9 hours of usage of median usage where I have proof over the past couple of days HP support team can’t even commit me 7 hours of usage time.

HP Recommended

@Jeffongy I understand your concern, but the message sent out to you is only a disclaimer, it has nothing to do with the person who sent out the personal message to you, right after he told you that he would in the public post, to help you get in touch with a concerned team that could help resolve your issue.

That said, If you aren't comfortable sharing your personal information with us over a private conversation, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Have a good day,

And Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

Thanks for you detail reply showing me an option to contact HP support team.

As per first post, I have seek help to HP support and all I’m getting is denying me question asking them how to achieve that 9hours of battery life as review in various website.

i have been send out help since Sunday and after escalating this up, it’s always staff from (outside my country) that is replying me and they told me they are the highest level in HP but can’t answer me a simple question did not give me any option but pushing back to check and check with no reply.

This is the reason I have to ask the community. Now I’m being divert back to HP support? 

HP Recommended

@Jeffongy If you read the entire post, I did mention that you can contact HP "if you aren't comfortable sending your information on the private message", hence, that option is still active and available for you respond to, whenever you feel comfortable, please send us a message with the details we need, and we'll have your information forwarded to the concerned team in your region, so they can help you out.

I hope that clarifies the concern you had.

Awaiting your response.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher,

If you have reading the entire post, you should at least note the key points. what you are doing here is again like what i felt from HP Support Agent, not replying to the question post and find ways to divert other alternatives that has no solution but waste more time from a damsel in distress.

1) why i came to the community

2) seems like nobody else is able to post comments since most of the post has been deleted

3) This is not a real community that can offer help since i don't believe nobody else can advise me except a HP staff trying to divert back to a team i don't trust.

HP Recommended

Is there anyone out there not from HP have the guts to tell me where is a more appropriate place I can really get some answer and let more people knows this kind of service requires attention.

I just reset my computer and when I run powercfg, it shows my battery was dated 2019 April but before I did the reset, when I first got the computer with the system, it show Dec 2019 ( where I can comprehend its due to shipment to my country evenhough it was just lauch in my country last week). I bought this computer last week and our country only have it launch nation wide.

Common, have some guts and say something honest.

Edited : I cant believe that HP sell old battery to have its capacity increase as per report from 15 Arpil 47413mwh to Aug 12 2019 59967mwh and surprisingly, this information was not reveal before the reset. Am I getting a old recondition battery or that the manufacturing date of the battery. suck to have to spend time investigating !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.