fieldhb Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 ConvertibleCan't connect to wifi without putting in ipconfig / renew twice.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can connect reliably with my two samsung TV's, HP work computer, 6 year old Lenovo, and my Ipad to my home wifi.

But with my new: HP Spectre x360 Convertible I have to get the command prompt up and put in: ipconfig /renew twice before it will connect.

I wish I had done my homework and taken the advice of my co-workers and stayed away from HP laptops.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 ConvertibleCan't connect to wifi without putting in ipconfig / renew twice.

Hi@fieldhb,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Wi-Fi issues as PC loses IP Address. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try the steps below from the link and check if that solves the issue.

http://hp.care/2dO0fu4

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
fieldhb Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to the network adapter and uninstalled it and reinstalled it, so far it was remained connected.

I have restarted a couple of times, and it connects successfully.

I will respond again if the problem returns.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
fieldhb Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, that didn't fix it. It is now doing the same thing and not connecting to wireless again unless I do an "ipconfig /renew" twice.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation