Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (1,116 Views)

HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed internet

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 i7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software.

How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!!

Please help!

Katy

Retired
Message 2 of 10 (1,077 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed internet

Hi @khealy23,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted?

Please get back to me and I will help you

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 10 (1,005 Views)

im having exact same problem with my HP E240with no answers

Honor Student
Message 4 of 10 (1,005 Views)

mine is exactly the same as your describing mine is an E240 please somebody help

Retired
Message 5 of 10 (994 Views)

Hi @MuskieMan13,

Hi ,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue withthe computer getting slow internet. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 6 of 10 (788 Views)

Didi you ever get an answer: I'm having the same issues and it's killing me. speed check is good

Honor Student
Message 7 of 10 (431 Views)

So it seems like the HP Forum is pretty useless, if multiple people are having the same problem and there are no fixes!

Honor Student
Message 8 of 10 (430 Views)

I'm still within Best Buy's 14-day window to return my HP Spectre x360, so if there's no fix that's my plan.

Honor Student
Message 9 of 10 (419 Views)

I had forgotten about this. Turns out, there was a BIOS update and several other updates which needed to take place and now it's all good.

Plus I think i even had a remote session with a tech. I forgot by now. But good news, I'm flying on this computer and love it!

Honor Student
Message 10 of 10 (408 Views)

Thanks for letting me know that, Honor Student. I will try doing an update and see if that fixes it. Appreciate your update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation