Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Star Wars Laptop Won't Connect to Wifi or Ethernet

HP Pavillion Star Wars Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion Star Wars Special Edition laptop won't connect the internet. I first got it about three months ago and it was working fine until about a week ago. I've reset it to factory settings twice now, because I was getting the error code "0x3a98" which I looked up and found to be a corrupt file. Well, now that I've factory reset it twice there are no corrupt files on my computer and I can connect to Google.com, Facebook.com, and YouTube.com, but those are the only ones. I can't connect to the Windows Store either. I've cleared my cache on Chrome and the Windows Store and I made sure I don't have a proxy on. Can someone please help me get my computer back to normal?

3 REPLIES 3
ZachLeiter Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally fixed it after a week of troublshooting. If anyone has the same problem I can let you know what I did to fix it, although I tried 100 different things and only one worked.

0 Kudos
Buddywill02 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem can you please help me
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 921
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Buddywill02

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to conneict to the internet via wireless or ethernet, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer.

Recommend you perform a system restore to a date when the computer was working fine and check. Click here for assistance in performing a system restore. 

Once your computer is connected to the internet run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here to know about HPSA.

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation