Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream 13 will not connect to wifi

HP Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
My HP strem will not connect to schools wifi. I wanted to bring these to my school for my students but the WiFi issues are horrible. It doesn't hold the WiFi at home and also can't connect to my school's network. It's very frustrating. I don't even use it anymore because it has no use if it can't connect to the WiFi. I would not recommend this computer to anyone. I looked at some of the problemail other people have been having and the troubleshooting. But I don't understand how you purchase a laptop that suppose to be a competitor for Chromebooks and have so many problems with wifi connections.
3 REPLIES 3
Intern Intern
Intern
40 40 2 7
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Turboj,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream 13 Notebook and not connecting to your home Wifi . It can only connect to one connection at a time and will not show the Wireless connect while connected via Ethernet. Try removing the ethernet cable and restarting your Notebook.

Also I found a helpful video link on this type of issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_u92_iu_E

Here is a document to troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet Windows 8, if you need it.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system and it has a built in Wireless assistant.

Hope this helps you connect to your Wireless.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee.
This video has been updated:https://youtu.be/ElOGaG6f4jc This video shows common steps for troubleshooting your wireless internet connection in Windows 8. For other helpful videos go to hp.com/supportvideos or youtube.com/hpprintersupport. More support options for your printer are available at ...
0 Kudos
turboj18 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. First there isn't an ethernet port for a cable. Also I can't connect to the internet at my school at all. 

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
40 40 2 7
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It seems that you have tried a lot of things already .  Please review the following documents, and see if they help:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03586978

HP PCs - Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation