Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15ac120tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys my laptop has been having a serious problem with wifi range issue. I am right now on windows 10 and i cannot get proper wifi range, I have to make the router is close to my laptop to get some signals. I thought that it must be a problem on my realtek wifi card but recently when I installed another android os my wifi signal was a full strength with no problem, so now I am thinking it must be a software issue. So i reinstalled my windows 10 and still the problem is there. Can you guys help me. I have installed the latest version of the driver and I have tried some method by changing options in the advanced tab such as changing the roaming aggressiveness to highest but doesnt work. Now I am really confused.

It would be great if you guys can suggest me some solutions.

Thanks...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ZonelSougaijam

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, You're having an issue with Wireless connectivity,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you changed the channel settings on your Router? If you're not aware on how to change the settings, I would suggest you contact Router Phone support.

How did you reinstall Windows?

While you respond to that, let's try troubleshooting steps from HP Guided Troubleshooter: https://hp.care/2IC6EIa.

For more troubleshooting steps, you could refer to this article: Click Here.

Keep me posted,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

It worked fine a few years ago. No i haven't and Itsnot about a particular router, this is a problem with all wifi source even mobile hotspots and all,my range is just too short...

HP Recommended

@ZonelSougaijam

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Let's try troubleshooting steps mentioned in my earlier post and keep me posted how it goes,

Have a great day 🙂

HP Recommended

oh that doesnt help me. In fact I have already tried that before posting in the forum.

HP Recommended

@ZonelSougaijam

Thank you for the reply.

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 
I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service.

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu
  4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Figure : Sample list of Component Tests

Sample List of the Component tests

Wireless Module Test - The Wireless Module Test checks your system to make sure the wireless module was properly detected by the BIOS and is enabled for use.

To run the test, click Wireless Module, and then click Run once.

The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.

For more details use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 

If the test passes, click on windows button, type services.msc right click on WLAN auto config and select restart.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I got the result as passed.

Zonel

HP Recommended

@ZonelSougaijam

Since you've tried possible steps, I would suggest you contact our phone support: 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.