Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently purchased a HP ZBook 17 G2 laptop, this will be used for dual booting Windows 7 & Windows 10.

I've had a look at the wireless card and it has an Intel Centrino N wireless card - Centrino N 6235 / 670292-001. I would like to upgrade this as I do not want to be limited to wireless N speeds.

Apparently it is possible to install Intel Wireless AC 7260 & Bluetooth module 710661-001 into this laptop.

I was already planning to upgrade another laptop to AC7260, so whilst I have one of these to hand, I will need another for the other HP laptop I was going to upgrade.

I have found out that I can purchase a wireless card with model number 784650-005, this is also a wireless AC 7260 - will this work as well in the HP Zbook 17, or in my other laptop (a HP 15-p189na)? (I'm well aware that my other laptop needs another antenna wire, which I can sort out.) The 784650-005 is available in the UK, whereas the 710661-001 is only available overseas, and I don't want to have to wait ages for overseas items (that may not be genuine) to arrive.

Furthermore, I've found out that the HP ZBook 17 is able to accept a 4G/LTE WWAN card. Which would be the best model to install, which will work with both Windows 7 & Windows 10? Again, this is going to be used in the UK so needs to support the UK's 2G/3G/4G bands. (I know that nothing is available for 5G NR just yet, but 5G is such a new technology that it doesn't really matter anyways. I just need something that will work well for 4G LTE & 3G HSPA in the UK.)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.