Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My company updated from Win 7 to 10. When I tried to use an adapter (USB to Ethernet, Plugable.com) that worked on 7, it didn't work on 10. Device manager showed a red X next to the device. It had no idea what was happening with this. The adapter did work with my home laptop with Win 10.

I tried uninstalling the adapter driver but couldn't get it out. I went into the registry and took out a key or 2 under Networking and now the wireless is out also. IT tried reloading the drivers but nothing changed. I later tried to get them to give me a copy of the registry of the network section so I could reload those keys, but they refused. AND they had previously DISABLED the Restore option, so going back was not an option.

Any ideas? Anyone have a Zbook G5 that can give me a copy of the Network section?

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.