Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

HP envy beastaudio laptop STOPPED connecting to wireless networks

Product Name: HP envy beastaudio laptop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Ok, I only use a 'hotspot' device from T-Mobile and have had zero problems.

I also connect to my boyfriends Wifi and my work's wifi on occassion.

And it has 'stopped' finding/connection to those networks.  I even tried my 'cell phone' as a hotspot too, which had worked in the past to no avail.

My laptop IS NOT on Airplane mode.

My 10 yr son has his own account and plays games via their schools portal and I'm thinking he may have hit a combination of keys that diabled my wifi...

I am not seeing any type of ((0)) function key that could be easily pressed

I'm reading all types of posts and I'm just not finding a fix.....  ANY ONE????

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)

Re: HP envy beastaudio laptop STOPPED connecting to wireless networks

[ Edited ]

Hello @CmbJrb16,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  

Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
HP Customer Support - Products

In the meantime, have you installed any updates lately?  Did you try performing a System Restore, to put the notebook back to its previous working state?  Also, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: 

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation