04-04-2011 03:30 PM
I have an HP Pavilion laptop and it will not connect to the internet using my wireless router. It will connect if I plug a network cable into the back of the router but not wirelessly. It has always done this with certain networks. I travel a lot and it will work in some hotels and not in others. We just moved recently and now it will not work on our new home network. I have another laptop at home that connects fine to the network wirelessly. Anybody know what the problem might be? I just find it odd that it will work hardwired but not wirelessly. I took it in this morning to a computer place and it worked fine there. HELP!!!!!
04-06-2011 09:07 PM
There is a light on the top right side that shows if the wireless LAN is on or off and if this light is Blue this means that it is on and can connect but if Red it stands for off. To turn it on just swipe your fingers over the Mettle strip starting from where the power button is with all fingers touching the Mettle case all the way to the other side where the power cord is and this should turn the connection on to where it is Blue and it should work from there.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)