onemorechance
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP officejet pro 8630 worked fine for long time, now computer cannot find

HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I come back to the office, after COVID lockdown, and all of a sudden my computer no longer "sees" EITHER HP Officejet Pro 8630 in the office.  All 3 devices are connected to the same network.  I have reset the factory settings and reconnected the printer.  I have completely deleted drivers/software, restarted, downloaded clean driver and installed.  It still cannot find the printer.  I'm at a loss.  HP site says something about May 2020 windows 10 update causing problems but seems to clear this model.  ive even done a few of the more obscure "fixes" suggested in replies to similar questions  

any help?

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
onemorechance
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

one more wrinkle:  though my computer cannot "see" the printer in any other setting, and both the computer and the printer are connected to the same network, my computer identifies an available network as "HP-Print-A5-Officejet Pro 8630" 

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,993
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@onemorechance Here are a few steps to help identify and resolve the issue:

Step 1: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with printer offline conditions.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation