Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 e105sa

Hi,

I have had the non-connection or limited connection to wifi problem since forever.  Actually I am very disappointed with this HP product - bought in 2013 - and had this problem all the time - the connection time decreseas and decreases until it is non existent - and the problem is not with the wifi provider because everything else works (phones, tablets, etc). 

So, after going through the answers on HP forums:  now I have uninstalled the REAL tec wifi driver - to update (to hopefully one that works) and keeps me connected through wifi for more than 5 minutes!

Can someone specifically tell me which driver do i need to install please?  When I put our model number in a list of drivers comes up for network drivers - but which is the one I should install?

I am not techhy - so please, please could you provide very step by step information, or a link from where i could install the wi fi driver that works?

Thank you very  much - for any help - as I am ready to never buy HP again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully it will, because it is 2.5 years newer than the one on your notebook's support page.

So I would think they must have addressed some of the bugs reported in earlier driver versions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have, and what operating system are you running on your notebook?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.

op system:  Windows 8

Wifi adapter - REALTEC rtl8188ee 802.11 bgn (which I have uninstalled) - if I have understood well (since this seems to have been the problem all along, is to first uninstall this to re-install, an updated version - or another - I am only connecting to the internet through wires again -

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I do not see any Windows 8 drivers on your notebook's support page.

Did you mean to write that you are running Windows 8.1?

If you are running Windows 8.1, then this is the latest wireless card driver for the model wlan adapter your notebook has.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A (9 Sep 2016)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe

HP Recommended
Yes you are right, it is 8.1.

Thank you for your reply again.

I will try downloading tomorrow. So this one should hopefully solve the problem of continuous disconnections right?

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully it will, because it is 2.5 years newer than the one on your notebook's support page.

So I would think they must have addressed some of the bugs reported in earlier driver versions.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. So far so good. It worked!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.