Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
  • HP x4000b Bluetooth mouse does not work with Dell Latitude E5450 notebook and Windows 7.  
  • My Dell notebook/laptop is connected to the HP Bluetooth mouse, but it will not pair.
  • I purchased the mouse on Nov. 6, 2016 from BestBuy.  
  • It works flawlessly with my MacBook Pro 2013.
  • I have made sure to turn off BlueTooth on all my Apple devices.
  • I have removed the USB for the my wireless mouse to make sure that's not interfering.
  • I have tried all Dell and HP diagnostics for BlueTooth.
  • I have run Dell System Detect and Support Assist.  The Bluetooth for the notebook is working correctly.
  • I have installed fresh batteries in the mouse.
  • The mouse power button is on and I've tried pressing the Connect button on the mouse multiple times.
  • I followed the instructions on this page to update the driver: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-x4000b-bluetooth-mouse/5286917
  • I've rebooted multiple times.

Please help.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @ginafromtampa, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are unable to pair HP Bluetooth mouse with Dell laptop.

Try few steps recommended below.

To pair Bluetooth devices using Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
1. Make sure your computer’s Bluetooth function is turned on.
2. Click Start > Control Panel.
3. Windows 7: Under the Hardware and Sound section, click Add a device.
- or -
Windows Vista: Under the Hardware and Sound section, click Add a Wireless Device under
Bluetooth Devices.
4. Turn on the Bluetooth device, and then press the Connect button on the bottom of the device.
In a few moments, the Bluetooth device should appear in the list of discovered Bluetooth
devices.
5. Select the device, and then click Continue to begin the pairing process.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot paring issues: http://hp.care/2fE0yaV

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers!:)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.