Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
XPS 15 9560
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having issues with connecting the HP7520 printer via wifi.

It has worked off and on this newer laptop, but currently it has been offline for awhile now.

• I am using the BGW210 Router from AT&T
  • Printer is connected to the 2.4 GHz
  • I forgot/removed Printer and then downloaded all current drivers from HP
  • Verified that wifi is on Printer, documenting the IP # and blue light is solid

Diagnostics results from printer:

• Wireless: Pass
  • Network: Pass
  • Settings> No Filtering: FAIL
  • Statement: Hp Printer is unable to connect to router. MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your Hp printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup

Solution: Add MAC address to list of permitted devices

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have verified that MAC Address Enabling is Disabled in the router within the Mac-Filter tab (Advance Setting)

I went ahead and added the MAC printer # to be "allowed", just in case needed.

The status on this printer is OFF on the router, even though the wifi is on

How do I solve this issue? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mmiller023

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's do restore the network settings on the Printer:

Setup Menu>Wireless Menu>Restore Network Defaults.

If the issue persists, create a TCP IP port:

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.