Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ho Pavilion Windows 8

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I can't seem to connect to the Internet? I rebooted and also my wifi box. It can't even pick up my phone as a hotspot. All it shows is flight mode in settings which is off and nothing for the wifi.
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ho Pavilion Windows 8

Welcome to the HP Support Community @M1llymolly

The issue you are experiencing with your wireless connection may be a problem other customers are also wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post helps you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

To better assist you and provide you with proper troubleshooting steps, I would need some information from you. 

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Please try the Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection tool. This took will walk you step by step through the process. 

Have you tried to connect using Ethernet?

Does that connect fine?

Have you tried to Restore the BIOS

Has the Wireless Internet worked on this Notebook previously? 

Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date when it was working?

Have you done anything new lately?

Have you done your Windows updates? 

Have you tried to do your HP Support Assistant Updates? If not, here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating.

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager?

If not, please do the following: 

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand using the + sign next to Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapters.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

Have you tried to Update wireless network drivers? If not, please try the following:    

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapter.
  • Click Update Software Driver
  • Restart the Notebook.  

I also did some research and found a great document for you called Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet.

If you require further assistance, I would be happy to help. Please make sure that you have done each step (including the ones in the troubleshooting document) in order and provide the detailed results of the steps. 

I am glad that you joined in!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
M1llymolly Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ho Pavilion Windows 8

Hi I managed to fix the problem myself last week. I plugged it into the Ethernet and yes it worked. Then I remembered to go to devices and it was un enabled so I enabled it and it worked. No problems now. Just weird how this had happened for no reason.

0 Kudos
Blossom2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ho Pavilion Windows 8

My Monitor is blank when I switch on Computer
0 Kudos
Blossom2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ho Pavilion Windows 8

What must I do
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
768 631 42 97
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ho Pavilion Windows 8

Hello @Blossom2

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums, and Welcome!

I would be happy to assist with the display issue you're experiencing. I'll need a little more information in order to help effectively. 🙂 

Please follow the steps here - http://ow.ly/XnZL300dhzo - and let me know your product number. I'll also need to know which version of Windows you're running. You can click here -  http://ow.ly/Cn8zF  - for help finding it, if you're unsure. 

Have you tried to connect an alternate monitor or small TV to isolate the issue? 

If these steps resolved your issue please click "Accept as Solution." You can also click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks!" 

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation