Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased a new HP EliteBook 850 G6 Notebook PC, however I cannot setup the network using my SIM card. I have read that not all HP EliteBook 850 G6 Notebook PCs are supported, so my question is, how can I tell if mine is supported, and how can I setup it to connect with a SIM card (if supported)?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ipse 

Firstly, SIM card alone won't work. you need WWAN card first. From the following information

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-4327EEAP.pdf

There are few options for WWAN cards

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, vPro™;
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, non-vPro™;
  • Intel® XMM™ 7360 LTE-Advanced Cat 9;
  • Intel® XMM™ 7560 LTE-Advanced Pro Cat 16;
  • Intel® XMM™ 7262 LTE-Advanced Cat 6;
  • Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, vPro™; Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, non-vPro™

(Compatible with Miracast-certified devices.)

Now please check Device Manager, Network adapters to see does your machine have Intel® XMM™...   component.

(a) If Yes, please check your provider and ask it for help.

(b) If No then SIM card won't work. You may be able to upgrade (check with your provider first) using

• Intel XMM 7360 LTE-Advanced (CAT 9)  part # L15398-002
  • Intel XMM 7560 LTE-Advanced Pro (CAT 16) part # L27188-002
  • Intel XMM 7262 LTE-Advanced (CAT 6)  part # L35286-002

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ipse 

Firstly, SIM card alone won't work. you need WWAN card first. From the following information

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-4327EEAP.pdf

There are few options for WWAN cards

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, vPro™;
  • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, non-vPro™;
  • Intel® XMM™ 7360 LTE-Advanced Cat 9;
  • Intel® XMM™ 7560 LTE-Advanced Pro Cat 16;
  • Intel® XMM™ 7262 LTE-Advanced Cat 6;
  • Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, vPro™; Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 Combo, non-vPro™

(Compatible with Miracast-certified devices.)

Now please check Device Manager, Network adapters to see does your machine have Intel® XMM™...   component.

(a) If Yes, please check your provider and ask it for help.

(b) If No then SIM card won't work. You may be able to upgrade (check with your provider first) using

• Intel XMM 7360 LTE-Advanced (CAT 9)  part # L15398-002
  • Intel XMM 7560 LTE-Advanced Pro (CAT 16) part # L27188-002
  • Intel XMM 7262 LTE-Advanced (CAT 6)  part # L35286-002

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Unfortunatelly, that's what I thought too. Thanks for confirming it! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.