Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Product number: 7BJ14AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot believe HP could sell a laptop last year (2020) without 5G compatibility. When you buy the latest pc, you expect it to have 5G. This is a big blow to HP. What card should I buy to replace the old one and how?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I couldn't agree with you more.

I assume your notebook has the Realtek RTL8723DE wifi adapter?

If so, this is the only model wifi adapter you can upgrade to since your notebook only has one antenna wire connected to the wifi card...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express,

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card will have the same 72 MBPS throughput as the original wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP 15 Laptop PC

HP Recommended

@Hindal 

Many HP notebooks, even 6 or 7 years old machines, do support 5GHz networks. HP has new models/products every second week and it is up to users to select a right model/product to buy.

Your machine is an HP NOTEBOOK 15T-DY100 CTO and you did not request to include dual bands wifi adapter when put up your order from the following list

1. Part # L17365-005 WLAN RT AC 1x1 +BT M.2 2230
  2. Part # L21480-005 WLAN RT BGN 1x1 +BT4.2LE M   (probably your machine now)
  3. Part # L44796-005 WLAN RT 11AC 2X2 +BT5 M.2 2230
  4. Part # L57250-005 WLAN 11ax 2x2 INT AX201NGW 2230

Your machine may only have single antenna, please check it first. If 1 antenna, you can use #1 above otherwise you can use 3 and 4, it is up to you now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My machine has Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter. Does that change the choice of card you suggested. And you offer instructions as to how the replace the card with the new one, I will appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only card that will work with one antenna wire without you having to completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel area to run a second antenna, is the one I posted ... The RTL8821CE.

The other wifi cards need two antenna wires in order for the Bluetooth to work and to have better wifi reception.

I also posted the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.