Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elite x2 1011 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I recently bought a Hp elite x2 1011 g1.
It has a sim card slot, but when i put my sim card in I get nothing. Its like the 4g module/adapter isnt activated or connected. How can I fix this issue? Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

From its specs:

* Mobile Broadband is an optional feature. Connection requires wireless data service contract, network support, and is not available in all areas. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products or in all countries.

Now my questions:

(a) Did you buy this optional feature ? If No then no point to continue.

(b) If Yes, does your provider support this ?

My loan tablet has WWAN, SIM ... and free connection (quota monthly) but I am not living in the US and my Telco companies in my country won't support it therefore the feature is useless.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I didnt buy any optional features. I have my own sim card that works in my tablet and is connected to my telco account.

Is the sim card module in the Elit x 2 locked to a specific service and that's why it wont work with my sim card?
Or is it that the module/adapter/hardware is not acitivated or connected? ( I cant find the hardware listed in device manager anywhere)
Regards Jordan
HP Recommended

Hi,

To confirm you have WWAN card or not, please check Device Manager. Please list all items under Network adapters.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.