Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I remove /delete an unwanted network connection that appears in a list of possible connections?

I have my usual connection point but somehow a second connection point with the same base name has appeared but its name is the same as my main one but with the addition to its name of "guest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It depends.

With Windows 8, you right click on the network you don't want and select Forget this Network.

With Windows 7, see this link.

http://www.technixupdate.com/forget-or-remove-wifi-network-remembered-connectivity-details-in-window...

If you never want to see the guest network show up, turn the guest network option off in your router's configuration menu.

The "Guest" is an option on many routers which allows you to have folks connect to the internet through your router's wifi, but not have access your home network.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

It depends.

With Windows 8, you right click on the network you don't want and select Forget this Network.

With Windows 7, see this link.

http://www.technixupdate.com/forget-or-remove-wifi-network-remembered-connectivity-details-in-window...

If you never want to see the guest network show up, turn the guest network option off in your router's configuration menu.

The "Guest" is an option on many routers which allows you to have folks connect to the internet through your router's wifi, but not have access your home network.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.