Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My WLAN was working fine, and then a new windows update shut down the Laptop and when it booted back up the WLAN is disable and I can't figure out where to enable it at.  Is it possible I need to reinstall the drivers for WLAN?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can verify that your wireless driver is installed by going to control panel and device manager. Look at Network adapters. If you see your wireless controller there you can right click it and choose enable.

There is also a button on the upper part of the keyboard with a wireless icon. Press it..when wireless is on it should be blue.

see page three of this manual for an image of the keyboard.

The drivers for your laptop are here.

The instructions from HP on reinstalling the original drivers to get the hardware devices working ar...

regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Try this open start/settings/control panel/device manager go through each and every device category and expand looking for asterick indicating non fuctioning devices (due to lack of or improper driver being installed you will find option to try to reinstall rollback, relocate replace or delete driver for the item wlan devices are often USB type and will be a subcategory under USB hubs if driver is not working/installed) you may need to try to manually enable the wlan via device manager keep in mind that wifi must usually be off when wimax or 3g or 4g wlan on , if hardware disable switch is off then you will have no wifi or wlan wireless connectivity.

Worst case right click on computer go to properties then do a restore to a point before things wacked out on you.

Best wishes for a merry Xmas!

@dpetrzilka wrote:

My WLAN was working fine, and then a new windows update shut down the Laptop and when it booted back up the WLAN is disable and I can't figure out where to enable it at.  Is it possible I need to reinstall the drivers for WLAN?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.