Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion x360 m3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My issue is a bit complex. Over four months ago my laptop had been unable to power on. I tried to figure out all kinds of reasons why; changed the battery, changed the charger, and even changed the charger port. However this did not work so I eventually just gave up on the laptop all together. But miraculously this morning my laptop was able to be powered on!!! However my excitement was short-lived because when I turned it on the laptop was unable to connect to the internet. Again I tried a bunch of different solutions; troubleshooted the network and adapters, went into device management to update and reinstall network adapters. Unfortunately all my attempts failed and I still cannot connect to any internet connection, in fact it doesn't even show any connections available. I don't know what to do, I'm not a computer genius lol I am even trying to figure out if my wifi card is no good or if something else went wrong while my laptop was not in use for the past couple months.  please help!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi
PLEASE POST ANY RESULTS.
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).
AND/OR
HOW DO I USE DIAGNOSTICS?

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine if the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures. HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows comes pre-installed on new HP computers, but if not on yours, download here:-
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

HWT.png

Then we can move onto ???????

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I ran several tests and got the following:

Battery check: ok

Processor check: passed

Wireless module check: not installed 😨😨😨

System board check: passed

Hard drive smart check: passed

Memory check: passed

USB port check: passed

AC adapter test: passed

Furthermore I looked into the network adapters in device management and noticed there isn't an adapter such as Intel, realtek, or Broadcom etc. It only shows WAN Miniports. 

Also before I did this test, last night I tried to download an adapter from the manufacturer and restored my laptop but it didn't work

HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

There are 2 possibles

and I suspect the 000 will be the catchall.  LCD (lowest common denominator) W2L17UA

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=W2L17UA

806723-005 Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter

Is any of the above accurate?  Because the Drivers are for Broadcomm and Realtek.

Hidden Devices.png

So it is either loose and needs re-seating or has failed/dead rather than just needing 

More info please.

HP Recommended

Here's my specs

Model: hp pavilion x360 m3 u-001dx convertible 

Sku: W2L17UA#ABA

Okay so I went into device manager and looked up hidden devices and it showed a network adapter that was hidden: Microsoft Kernel Debug Network adapter 

HP Recommended

hI

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=W2L17UA

806723-005 Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-m3-u000-x360-convertible-pc/10862152/model/11084073...

HP Wireless Button Driver

1.1.5.1 Rev.A 4.7 MB Jul 15, 2015 Download

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89450/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3165

But I cannot explain why it is listed as built with an Intel adapter and no drivers provided.

HP Recommended

okay so my sister gave me an Ethernet LAN Network Adapter that connects to an Ethernet cable so at least now I have internet, just not wireless wifi 😞 so im still working on it

so are you recommending I download the 806723-005 Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter, as well as the HP Wireless Button Driver? I tried to download an adapter from a different computer and then transferred it using a USB. but the download screen disappeared in the middle of downloading so perhaps I was doing something wrong. If possible, can you walk me through the steps in doing it? I REALLY appreciate your help btw

you're awesome!! 👍🏽

HP Recommended

Hi

NO.

You need to find the adapter.  Possible ways...........

SSID WiFi Born On.png ESC and F1 show a Realtek8723BE

msinfo32.png  Shows a Realtek 8723

:::::::::::::::

Hi
PLEASE POST ANY RESULTS.
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).
AND/OR
HOW DO I USE DIAGNOSTICS?

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine if the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures. HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows comes pre-installed on new HP computers, but if not on yours, download here:-
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

HWT.png

Copy, Paste and Save in Notepad, as LBB.bat (not a .TXT) and double click to run.
Preferably run as an Administrator.
OR
Copy and use the individual command lines as needed.

Post anything non-personal, but relevant please.

@Echo OFF
getmac
netsh lan show interfaces
netsh wlan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers
PAUSE
msinfo32
PAUSE
systeminfo
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"
PAUSE

Define the adapter, then down load the appropriate drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.