Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t-bp100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I am getting a new WIFI 6 router and I am thinking to upgrade my WIFI card on my notebook because I keep losing internet connection. If I get a WIFI 6 network card for my pc will it work with the router and will it be faster? 

I currently have Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and can you guys please suggest to me a good intel WIFI 6 card for my HP ENVY x360 - 15t-bp100 notebook. Will this work for my pc - Amazon link?

My notebook specs -

Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz Intel® UHD Graphics 620

16 GB RAM 
Intel Optane + 1TB HDD
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

No one will be able to confirm that the AX200 will work in your model.

It should if your notebook does not have a BIOS whitelist.

Most HP notebooks made after 2014 do not, but there are a few exceptions, and I don't know if your notebook's model series is one of the exceptions.

You must get a non-vPro version of any Intel card you install or it won't work.

I don't see that the model wifi card you selected specifically states that it is non-vPro.

I recommend this card as an alternative, which you can get on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

L35282-005 | eBay

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP ENVY x360 15m Convertible PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

No one will be able to confirm that the AX200 will work in your model.

It should if your notebook does not have a BIOS whitelist.

Most HP notebooks made after 2014 do not, but there are a few exceptions, and I don't know if your notebook's model series is one of the exceptions.

You must get a non-vPro version of any Intel card you install or it won't work.

I don't see that the model wifi card you selected specifically states that it is non-vPro.

I recommend this card as an alternative, which you can get on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

L35282-005 | eBay

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP ENVY x360 15m Convertible PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended fo...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.