Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

How to wake up on lan

Product Name: spectre x360 15 aq004ng
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'd like to know how to get WoL running on my spectre x360. Realtec usb to lan connector is already configured to wake up on magic packet. Its power management is also configured to wake up my 2in1. The connector is able to to wake up another notebook but not this x360. Windows 10 quick start is switched off as proposed on many internet sites. But wol does not work. And I cannot find a Bios option to switch wol on there. Any idea?

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (58 Views)

Re: How to wake up on lan

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums @miekepoo,

I understand that you are looking to enable Wake on Lan option in BIOS. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying the settings in BIOS. 

All HP notebooks go with BIOS tattooing and the features are limited. If Wake to Lan is not available in BIOS, then that option is not applicable for the model and cannot be added. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure BIOS and all the drivers meant for your computer are updated. Click here to know more. 

Hope this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation