Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 250 notebooks not able to connect to a network domain.

Hp250
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

All of a sudden, the HP250 laptops we have are not able to connect to our network.

I have taken them out the domain to try and join them back, and now I keep getting this error message:

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "nsnet.net":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.nsnet.net

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

nsnet.net
net
. (the root zone)

I have googled this and done everything and they still will not connect. All other HP notebooks/laptops have no connection issue.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,980 41,238 4,501 11,740
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp 250 notebooks not able to connect to a network domain.

Which version of Windows 7 is installed?

If it is Home Premium, then it is a limitation  by design which will not allow it to connect to a Windows domain.

That limitation does not apply to Windows Professional ad Ultimate versions.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation