heyyoad Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion 14 - Upgraded wifi card from Realtek RTL8723BE to Intel AC7260. Device Cannot Start.

Hp Pavilion 14 Z3E68EA#ABT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys. new laptop. loving it so far.

Upgraded the memory from 8 to 16.

So now i got myself an Intel AC 7260 card to replace the current Realtek 2.4 N card. the computer recongizes the card, but it cannot start it, even with the latest driver (bluetooth does work!)

would love your advices.

Thank you!

Yoad.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 918
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion 14 - Upgraded wifi card from Realtek RTL8723BE to Intel AC7260. Device Cannot Start.

Hi @heyyoad,

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. 

I see you are unable to use the new Wireless card you installed on the computer. I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for updating the driver for the wireless card.

Have you run the wireless troubleshooter on your computer?

Recommend you to run the troubleshooter available in the control panel which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Alternately, right-click on the network icon on the taskbar and select open network and sharing center.

On the network and sharing center window, on the left-side, you have an option for 'change adapter settings'. Please select that. 

This should show the option for the wireless, right-click on the wireless adapter and enable the wireless card and also you have the option to connect to your wireless network. 

Let me know if this helped or if you need any further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

heyyoad Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

those steps didn't help.

the card is working good in ubuntu. but not in windows 10.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 918
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, would it be possible to share the screenshot for the wireless adapter in device manager and adapter settings from network and sharing center. 

Alternatives, perform push-button reset without loss of data. Click here for assistance. Note: please backup data before you reset or perform recovery on the computer.

Please do check with Intel, if they have come up with this concern. 

If possible, please connect to ethernet and check for Windows updates. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

heyyoad Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply! i prefer trying more options before resetting my pc as it will require me to install all of my applications again.

i've attached the required screenshots. please note that there's nothing to see in the adapter settings as it doesn't show up there (the card shown is an external card)

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture32.JPG

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@heyyoad,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the Wireless card issue on the PC. I will definitely help you.

The only reason may be the driver of the old card. IF you have not uninstalled the driver in device manager and deleted on the prompt, that’s when your wireless card drivers create

conflict with each other. I request you to perform the steps below and check if that solves the issue.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the Network Adapters, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, Select the “delete “and then click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, Restart the PC

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation