Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Split 13 x2 internet connection issue

Hp Split 13 x2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This issue is really bad and everyone i've talked to has been unable to fix it. Out of the blue my hp Split 13 x2 stopped connecting to my university wifi. It still connects to other wi-fis as far as I can tell (at the moment i've only been able to test it on my phones hotspot and a starbucks wifi) but it will not connect to my school. I've gone to various tech supports and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating my wifi, and everything short of updating to windows 10 which I don't believe will help. I'm not very tech savvy and don't even know what to look for. Does anyone have any ideas or even questions that can start sending me in the right direction?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18180 18130 1476 2506
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RyanTheMolina

Welcome to the HP Forums :)

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand your Hp Split 13 x2 doesn't connect to the university internet anymore,

You've mentioned that you managed to check/test using the phone's hotspot and Starbucks but haven't mentioned if it worked, did it?

If it does work using the hotspot and yet, doesn't connect at the university's router, you'll need to check if the password at the university has been changed,

perhaps try re-entering the password or create a new network on your computer from scratch, if the issue persists: Click here for advanced troubleshooting (step by step guide).

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
RyanTheMolina Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,
thank you for the reply. Yes my computer did succesfully connect to these other wi-fi's. I checked with my school and we tried changing passwords and re-connecting, but neither worked. I will give the advanced troubleshooting a look to see if it has anything that can help. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18180 18130 1476 2506
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RyanTheMolina

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation