Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
However deskjet 3050 j610 series
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

i have a problem, of not being able to print emails from a new iPad to deskjet3050 j610 series. I have downloaded the HP smart  app, and it has recognised the printer. However when I send a mail to print ( Apple me.com account) it looks for the printer and says that no air printers can be found. How do I direct the mail towards the Wireless HP printer. All are on the same network

the options offered on the app are photos, documents, files, but no emails. How do I connect them so that I can print out emails?

many thanks

finola

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you are not able to print email from your iPad using the HP Smart App.

The Deskjet 3050 does not support Airprint it does, however, support the HP Smart App.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645

This document shows the types of files that are supported using HP Smart App. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03561640

In the section What kinds of documents or photos can I print from the app?

It shows Apple iOS devices: Photos (JPEG, PNG), PDF and Microsoft Office Suite documents, text (TXT) files, and saved webpages. You can also print photos and PDF documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, and Instagram.

Email is not supported. You will need an Airprint compatible printer in order to print email. 

Regards,

StretchMusic

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Finolaom

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are unable print from iPad.

I am eager to assist you.

I made a research and see that your printer model does not support AirPrint.

Here are the link of the printer models which support AirPrint: Click here

However, you can use HP smart app to print and scan the documents saved on your iPad.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi sandy techs. Thanks for your response. However I have already downloaded the app 123hp and I can’t see how to print emails - you can print documents photos etc, but not clear how to print the emails. Can you or someone else advise.?

many thanks

finolaom

HP Recommended

Hi sandy techs. Thanks for your response. However I have already downloaded the app 123hp and I can’t see how to print emails - you can print documents photos etc, but not clear how to print the emails. Can you or someone else advise.?

many thanks

finolaom

HP Recommended

@Finolaom

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

You need a printer which supports AirPrint to print a email from iPad.

You will not be able to print email from your iPad on this printer.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you are not able to print email from your iPad using the HP Smart App.

The Deskjet 3050 does not support Airprint it does, however, support the HP Smart App.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645

This document shows the types of files that are supported using HP Smart App. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03561640

In the section What kinds of documents or photos can I print from the app?

It shows Apple iOS devices: Photos (JPEG, PNG), PDF and Microsoft Office Suite documents, text (TXT) files, and saved webpages. You can also print photos and PDF documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, and Instagram.

Email is not supported. You will need an Airprint compatible printer in order to print email. 

Regards,

StretchMusic

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.