Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Spectre Bluetooth Mouse 500, and i am TRYING (still ) to use it with my hp pavilion laptop.

I find this problem to be consistently harassing me, when I boot the laptop or when my laptop is idle for some time, the bluetooth mouse gets disconnected and does not work, i.e., it does not connect.

Every time it happens the blue tooth connection page shows the mouse "paired" and "connected" but the indicator light (at the bottom of the mouse keeps on blinking, indicating that it is in 'pairing mode'' but it fails to pair of connect. What i have to do EVERY time is that:

1 - I go to "Bluetooth & other devices" via the search field in the lower left of the screen

2 - (I see that the mouse is indicated as a bluetooth item within the setting, and that bluetooth is on.)

3 - I remove the HP Spectre Bluetooth Mouse 500

4 - I click "Add bluetooth and other device"

5 - I choose to add a mouse

6 - The system finds the mouse and I choose it to add

7 - The system responds that it has found the mouse and the mouse is added.

The mouse now, again, works.  

I guess I could go through this process each time I boot the laptop, but it seems somewhat odd to have to do it.

I want to also say that:

1 - My Windows system is up-to-date

2 - I have updated all of the items that HP has suggested within the "HP Support Assist"

3 - I searched and found that there was a BIOS update, which I performed and which went flawlessly

4 - I looked for an HP Spectre Bluetooth Mouse 500 driver update, but the system told me that it was up-to-date.

I'm pretty good with working with a computer, but this has me a bit perplexed.

I would be grateful for any help on this.

Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.