Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Lyqbless Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I accidentally deleted Marvell wireless device from my windows 8 pro surface computer, please help!

Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I uninstalled some things from my computer several days ago. I think that I probably accidentally uninstalled Marvell wireless device from my windows 8 pro surface computer as well. 

From that day, I cannot connect to wireless even though the wireless is available. It just showed as "not connected - No connections are available."

I tried to solve the problem many times, however, it was unsuccessful.

The hardware Ids are:
USB\VID_1286PID_2043&REV_4000
USB\VID_1286PID_2043

Please help! Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43866 3257 13564
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I accidentally deleted Marvell wireless device from my windows 8 pro surface computer, please help!

The device id you posted is more likely your webcam or maybe fingerprint reader(if you have one).

In Device Manager, expand Network Adapters to see if Marvell network controller is listed.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Lyqbless Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just expanded Network Adapters, Marvell network controller is not listed.
Marvell Wireless Device (with a Exclamation mark) is under the folder named Other devices.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43866 3257 13564
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow the process here to Uninstall then reinstall Marvell:

http://pureinfotech.com/fix-surface-pro-3-wireless-adapter/

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Lyqbless Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the procedure. However, it was not successful since I probably have already deleted the driver.

Therefore, I used USB flash drive to download the Marvell driver for Windows 8 from another computer. Then I saved the file to this computer. Then I followed the procedure again. It worked! Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation