Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ac021tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I've recently bought a Hisense Smart TV 7 Series and I'm trying to connect it to my HP 15-ac021tx laptop. The TV does connect to my smartphone flawlessly but when I want to connect it to my laptop, an error pops up on my laptop indicating that something went wrong, and my display couldn't connect. I've tried all the possible solutions mentioned online but I've got no results. Drivers on my laptop are fully updated and there is nothing wrong with my network or TV for sure.  If anyone has any idea how to fix it, please help as this issue is getting really frustrating for me. Many thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies. 

Cheers,

Nima

Below you could find the specs of my device: 

Computer Manufacturer

Hewlett-Packard

Computer Model

80C2

Operating System (O/S)

Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit

Operating System (version)

System RAM

8.0 GB

Graphics Product [1] Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Video Memory 4.0 GB Graphics Product [2] Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Video Memory

4.0 GB

PROCESSOR INFORMATION

Manufacturer Intel Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz Intel Processor analysis tools Intel Processor analysis tools CPU Speed 2.4 GHz

WIRELESS NETWORKING INFORMATION

Wireless Networking Product Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @NimaZzz, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues sharing the screen to your TV using miracast on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you have issues sharing the screen using miracast on your PC.

Check whether the wireless display you want to project to supports Miracast

Try the following suggestions.

•Verify that your computer is connected to WiFi.

•Restart your computer. Then restart the wireless display and adapter. If using an adapter, remove the adapter from the TV or monitor, restart your device, reinsert the wireless display adapter in the TV or monitor, and attempt to display again.

•If you are using a wireless display adapter, set the video source to the correct HDMI port (the one that the wireless adapter is connected to). To do this, check the video source settings on your HDTV, monitor, or projects. For instructions, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer's website.

•If the adapter didn’t connect, open the Action Center, click All Settings, click Devices, and then click Connected Devices. Click Add a device, and then select the wireless display or wireless display adapter. 

If the issue still persists try updating the wireless display adapter using HP support assistant on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about Sharing Screen Using Miracast.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear  MrRobot,

Many thanks for your reply. Here are my answers to your questions:

I made no software or hardware changes to my laptop.

The TV supports wireless Miracast and as I've mentioned in my question, my phone can connect to the TV wirelessly with no issue.

My laptop is connected to wireless, I restarted the laptop many times, I am NOT using ANY adaptors to connect either of the devices to the wireless connection. 

I've referred to the article mentioned in your answer and it did not help me to rectify the issue.

Again, I really appreciate your comments and supports but I need more in-depth technical suggestions as this issue is not a simple issue. I've almost tried all the methods available in websites or forums. Please help what else I could do?

Best regards,

Nima

HP Recommended

@NimaZzz, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As I mentioned in my previous post only if the TV is compatible with miracast only then you can project the screen wirelessly.

I have checked the specifications of your smart TV and it is not compatible with the miracast technology.

If the device that you are projecting to does not support Miracast, then you need a Miracast adapter that plugs into an HDMI port on your display device. The adapter allows your computer to communicate wirelessly with the display device.
A variety of manufacturers offer Miracast adapters, such as the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro Wireless Display Receiver and the NetGear Push2TV (PTV3000) Wireless Display Adapter. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to connect the adapter.

Refer the full specifications of your TV for more information.

If the TV is compatible with miracast in the specs sheet you will see as miracast compatible. As this TV is not compatible with miracast you cannot project the screen wirelessly.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

> The TV supports wireless Miracast.

> My phone can connect to the TV wirelessly with no issue.

I presume that your phone supports Miracast.

> trying to connect it to my HP 15-ac021tx laptop.

I am guessing that your laptop does not support Miracast, and thus cannot connect to any Miracast-capable device.

HP Recommended

> Operating System (version) 10.0.15063

My "2017 Fall Creators Update" shows "Version 10.0.16299.64".

So, maybe, you need to upgrade your Windows, to get the latest device-drivers ???

HP Recommended

Dear MrRobot,

I've just had a quick conversation over the phone with Hisense customer services and I've realized that their latest model  TV does not support Windows-based devices (Sad) (it's compatible only with Android phones and tablets). They advised that I could buy a Miracast Dongle but there is no guarantee that I could get the desired results. Thank you so much and I really appreciate your time, support and useful comments.

Best regards,

Nima

HP Recommended

> They advised that I could buy a Miracast Dongle but there is no guarantee that I could get the desired results.

For $28 US, see: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Miracast-Video-Adapter/46554998

The description says "compatible with Windows 8.1".

Presumably, also compatible with Windows 10.

> Thank you so much and I really appreciate your time, support and useful comments.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.